Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Remember


"When did I forget that you've always been the king of the world?
I try to take life back right out of the hands of the king of the world
How could I make you so small
When you're the one who holds it all
When did I forget that you've always been the king of the world"

Remember that time, just eight years ago when I carried you through terrifying and unexpected times?

Remember when I held you during your husbands unemployment, days before your precious firstborn came into this world, ringing in your one year anniversary of marriage?

Remember when I stayed that long week in the hospital with you as you feared for your two week old babe?

Remember when I had the nurses make you laugh, and sent those friends to bring you food?

Remember how I provided a job for your husband, just in time to be discharged from the hospital?

Remember how a church you didn’t even attend brought you meals? I sent strangers to feed you.

Remember that day months later, you wept and asked me where I was? Minutes later, I sent someone knocking at your door with a box full of groceries and $100 in cash?

Remember when I asked people to pay your rent for two months?

Remember when you felt embarrassed and ashamed taking too long at checkout using WIC and I sent someone to tell you how thankful they were for WIC getting them through their hard time?

Remember when you felt low, weary and anxiety followed you into sleepless nights and I sent words to encourage you and get the help you needed?

Remember when you felt shame for going on antidepressants in the midst of learning to be your daughters health advocate, and in the midst of that I surprised you by asking you to take in a 4 year old boy?

Remember how inadequate you felt and how brilliantly I provided for you in the short 24 hours notice before that precious boy came to live with you?

Remember how challenging that season was and how in the midst of it I made you feel whole and you felt immeasurable joy?

Remember how we would spend three mornings a week together while the 4 year old was in preschool and your babe was napping, sitting on the front porch, just the two of us?

Remember how I grew you during that time and I shaped new faith inside of you, to trust me more?

Remember all of these things and know that I have not changed.

Remember that I love you.

Remember that I will radically provide for you.

Remember the birds who sing outside your window and know, I sent them to sing a song of praise.

Remember that I care deeply about all that you endure and I am here, feeling each ache and baring your pain.

Remember, you are not alone and I will never leave you.

Remember to tell others this too, because so many around you are suffering and I see them too.

Remember to praise me in this storm.

Remember that I am faithful, unwavering.

Remember, I am the King of this world.

Remember that you are my daughter, my beloved.

Remember that you are the daughter of the One True Living King.

Remember that I’ve got this.

Now rest.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Karissa.... SO POWERFUL... Thank you for sharing with the rest of us. Praying for Craig and for all of you...

    ReplyDelete