Pages

Saturday, February 10, 2018

The Best Museums

When people ask why we picked North Carolina to relocate to, I have been known to answer with "The museums! There are so many incredible museums!"

I know, it sounds silly. And you probably think I'm joking. But I'm not. Then again, you asked me why we picked North Carolina, had you asked my husband I suppose he would have given you a more serious answer.

During our brief season of living in Dover, New Hampshire, we lived walking distance from the Children's Museum. It made sense to buy a membership and it was worth e.v.e.r.y. penny. Fast forward a few months to us being on the road full time in our RV and we had used our museum membership in several states and at nearly a dozen museums!

The school year 2016-2017 was named "The year of the museums" in our family... (okay, obviously I'm the only one who called it that.)

This year, as Timehop reminds me of the adventures, I have a longing in me to explore ALL the museums that I can again. Recently, I realized that I hadn't blogged about those experiences/ adventures from last year. And apparently, if I haven't blogged about them, were they even that meaningful? ( I'm just kidding. )

Last year was one for the books.

We lived in an RV, relocated, settled in to a new community and learned to rest. It was a good good year. But I hardly wrote about it because for me, during that season, resting meant very little internet access, watching the three Night at the Museum movies on repeat (the irony, I know!), doing a dozen puzzles, crocheting my heart out and learning to just be present. 

We went over a year and a half without regular streaming internet. 

And it was glorious. 
I read/ listened to more books during those 18 months than I had in the last decade. 
And now that we have had internet for the last few months I realize something- we weren't really missing anything. 

This is your warning blog post!

I will be sharing about some of my favorite museums that we have ventured to, I will try not to totally history geek out on you when I write about Williamsburg #swoon.

I don't want to go to Disney, I just want to go back to Williamsburg!!!

I would love to hear of some of your favorite museums!






No comments:

Post a Comment