Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

FULL Home { & Heart}

Since I was a young girl I have felt the burden for adoption. 
It was one of the things that drew my husband and I to each other. Our passion for providing a home to those who might otherwise not have one. It's taking being pro-life one step farther, to supporting life and giving hope and meaning to the lives of kids who haven't had any. 




The hubby's awesome shirt from his time in Uganda. 
True Love Waits: For God's sake wait (and my sake and your sake and Uganda's sake and...)


I have had the honor and joy to watch several friends now who have opened their hearts and their homes. This has been through the states foster system, local and international adoptions, and even creating a loving and mentoring relationship while fostering a safe and healthy home atmosphere for kids/ teens in their community.


Today I was overwhelmed to meet two precious little kids in the new home of my dear friend. She is one of the most beautiful and talented (seriously, she is talented at being a Mom) Mom's I have ever witnessed. Seeing dreams come true, on both ends, for the kids and the receiving family, is one thing I treasure most about this community I have of people loving on kids. 

We aren't sure what our burdened hearts mean for the future, but the journeys we have had have been savored to their max. This season of life, growing with a 3 year old and breathing in the sweetness of our new baby, this is our season. And right now, I'm taking in all the beauty of watching worlds collide. 



No comments:

Post a Comment