Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Color Orange

Today was my first trip out to do "big" errands since Jakob was born. (Ahem, he is three months old.) 
So that list containing batteries, light bulbs, big plastic storage bins (that boy is growing! and so is the big sister!), and other miscellaneous items that we have slowly run out of over the past 3+ months were all finally purchased. Alone. (*insert sigh of relief here)

I'm learning that loving my kid who is about to turn three years old looks very different than it did a year ago. Or six months ago. A read-adult may recall the book "The 5 Love Languages" and yes there is one on children as well. I found myself stumped tonight when I realized that my very own kid, this little one I brought into the world, actually has a love language. Of course she needs love and to feel loved, but what is it that I can do to make her feel SO loved?

Answer, buying her Hello Kitty foaming soap. 

It was such a joy to see the delight she found in my purchase to entice her to wash her hands more thoroughly.  She clung to that bottle of soap and declared "I love my special soap!" 
Girl just wants to feel special, you know?

In an effort to show this girl some love, to let her know that I thought about her and that I care, I picked out some fun nail polish. 

Leftover purple nails from our visit to Washington. The right hand never did get painted.

I can't wait until tomorrow when I pull out the nail polish I bought for her. 
Fact #1, we only have clear nail polish in stock. 
Fact #2, toddlers do not find clear nail polish exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment