Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hello Kitty

It's the silly things really.
Our plane trip from Manchester, NH to Seattle, WA.
 Like walking into Walmart. I dread going there and it is by far one of my least favorite places to shop. I'm more of a Target girl. But weirdly, it brings a comfort going there. My heart was heavy with home-sickness as I walked into the store this past week. It may sound silly, but going to Walmart reminds me of my sister. The time before last, I had been in Lacey, Washington visiting her. I have memories from last year of just her and I getting out after all the kids were in bed. Where did we go? Walmart. What else does a mother do when she has quiet moments but catch up on loose ends? 

I miss these wood floors & her hoodie.
 And what woman in her... well it doesn't matter how old she is, but she is a grown woman who is married and has 3 kids and owns Hello Kitty PJ pants. Of course I want to tease her about them, but really I love them and want to own a pair myself. 

Over the past 8 or so years our clothes have gone back and forth between the two of us. It isn't that the clothes she sends me super trendy or fancy, but it's the fact that they were hers that I love them so much. 

With our brood of 5 kids, one of which being a lil babe, we didn't get our usual snuggling in this past visit, or our late night talks (because 4 of our kids didn't think sleeping through the night was necessary). 

It may sound silly, but I wore her clothes 90% of the time I was there just to feel extra close to her. It's hard having part of your heart all the way on the other side of the continent, a 3 hour time zone difference. 

I may have to get a part-time job just to buy plane tickets so that I can visit her more than once a year. 

These two. Mys sister and niece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment