Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New Every Morning

Over the past several days, I have watched my Momma in agony. Being her health advocate and voice dealing with medical people/ workers comp is heart wrenching and draining. I see the fruit of how God has grown me over the past 2+ years as I have dealt with countless medical professionals and insurances with Abigail's health. It has prepared me for this, which even a week ago I didn't expect. 

It wasn't until last Thursday, the day after my Mom's surgery, that one of God's promises hit me-
 Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain..."

I don't think about heaven much. Yes I believe in it, that it is real and that we have hope in eternal life through Jesus' redemption. I believe the Gospel and have hope in it. But during this time, I cling to that hope in heaven more than I ever have before, that one day we won't experience pain. One day my Momma and Abigail will be restored to whole health and newness because of the Cross. Because of our faith in Jesus, he has promised us this in heaven. This is only our temporary home. 

And to get us through until then, when it "hurts real bad" as Abi says, we have this hope to cling to. 

Lamentation 3:22-23
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.


"My hope is in you Lord all day long..." Aaron Shust -My Hope Is In You


No comments:

Post a Comment