Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Beauty for Ashes Nepal

I had been in the country for less than 24 hours when I was asked, "would you mind leading morning devotions with our women at Beauty for Ashes?" I came prepared with a few talks, knowing that as a guest I would be asked on occasion to "share a word."

Those words that I had prepared, in faith, weeks before were so uniquely applicable that morning, for those women, and my own heart on day 5 in the country. This is the heart of the business-

"We believe poverty is one of the main problems that fuels human trafficking in the world today. To combat this problem, we employ women who are marginalized and those escaping exploitative situations. Our goal is to not only produce stylish and quality wholesale products for you to enjoy, but also to change the lives of the women who make these products by providing a work environment that is Christ-centered and family-oriented."

Meeting the artisans of this company was one of the most memorable experiences. I was able to purchase Christmas gifts for family and friends back home in their show room. Below I'll share a few of my favorite items that I bought!

Go follow Beauty for Ashes on Facebook and Instagram

I wasn't able to capture pictures inside the building but I did snap this one. I had 30 minutes to spare and asked for a project to work on. They had me roll a heaping pile of saris into bundles to be re-purposed.

My absolute favorite accessory has been these headbands made of re-purposed saris. I bought a few, to give as gifts. I should have bought more! I don't want to part with any of them! 
Grab yours at Trade for Freedom. 


I don't have any good photos of me wearing my pair, so I pulled these from the Latitudes website.

I bought each of my nieces a Surrender Bracelet crafted with re-purposed sari material.

It was hard to wait until Christmas to gift these precious Elephant Earrings to Abigail.
I got three pairs (1 gold, 2 silver) of these beautiful Turquise Wrapped Post earrings for my Mom and two of my sisters as Christmas gifts.


Go to these two shops online to find a web store where you can purchase items made at Beauty from Ashes Nepal.


If you are looking for a fair trade business to co-brand with or create custom pieces, connect with Beauty for Ashes Nepal
They work with Love Justice to create these beautiful bracelets Love Justice bracelet

{I was not paid or gifted in any way to write about this business, or any other business that I visited in Nepal.}

No comments:

Post a Comment