Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

We're Going Camping

Our 2nd Family Camping Trip.

Well... that is mostly true. I was about 10 weeks pregnant with Abigail and 5 months into marriage when we went on our first camping trip.

Now, Abigail is sleeping and napping the best she ever has and we are doing it! We are camping outside in a tent for two nights with a 2 year old. Heck yes!

Our first camping experience was incredible. Up in Acadia/ Bar Harbor, Maine on a nice September weekend. My champion former boy scout husband did all the cooking.

I can't wait to eat meals fresh from fire-cooking and toast marshmallows while swatting mosquitoes (okay, minus the mosquito part).

We are a plaid wearing family
The best part is, there was only ONE vacancy where we are going... when I booked it a week before our weekend getaway. I didn't procrastinate, I just didn't want to camp if it was raining ;)

This month has been busier than expected with Abigail's surgery/ recovery, Craig ran into some demo set issues that took him away for repairs and we decided to move... next month... two weeks after my sisters wedding. And there is also that, a wedding in 10 days.

Needless to say, we need a break. Not just from our schedules and life demands, but our heads need a break. It has been a rather emotional month for us (because apparently I thought my daughter recovering from surgery would be like coming home from a check-up, not two weeks of emotional stress and her dealing with lots of fears and anxiety over what she went through) We need a rest, our whole selves need to rest. I want to be mentally present for my sisters wedding, and I need to be emotionally present when my friends need me. Jumping from one big life event to the next and onto another demands  rest.

So we are resting this coming weekend. As a family, just the 3 of us. No phones, no internet, just us and our camping gear. And all without taking a long drive far off to the mountains. A little camping trip not even 30 mins away is just what we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment