Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Big Thangs

Some BIG thangs are happening around here.
Not necessarily changes for us. But changes around us.
And I have to say, I love me some routine.

So my hubs and I are really close with this other couple our age. We actually see each other a few times a week. And it rocks my socks off. I loooove community.
Well, they are moving to South Carolina. Next week. 
It's a weird emotion when you are so excited for someone and sad they are leaving at the same time.
I have had to conciously decide to not be selfish and wallow in what I am losing, but to REJOICE in this opportunity for them. 
Did I mention that I have known this friend since we were 10? Yeah, she isn't going anywhere on the friends list. Just the country. 

But get this quirkiness- 
my sister/ best friend/ Andrea and her 3 CHILDREN are moving here that SAME week our friends leave. My beloved Andy-Bear is trekking up from Georgia with her hubby, 3 kids and dog. Phew! (Pray for their journey, yeah?) They will be here for 6-18 months while her husband finishes up some schooling with the Army. 

So on the one hand, my friend that I hang out with the most is moving, but at the same time, my sister is moving her. I NEVER thought I would have the chance to be near my sister for more than 2 weeks at a time. With her being a military wife and us living in New Hampshire, it was pretty much never going  to happen. 
We are going to have pictures of Abigail with her cousins that span over MONTHS, not just several DAYS! 

And more than the pictures, we will have so many sweet memories and fun times! My husband Craig (aka Father Goose) is pretty excited too! 
Did I mention- 5 kids (Abigail + Nathan, and my sister's 3) all 5 years old and under?! Oh! And we are watching them for a week while my sister and her hubby go away for a romantic getaway to celebrate their 10 year! EIK!! I have my planner out already and am eager for the keys to her mini-van to run around doing fun-tivities allll that week!

Lastly on our Big Thangs list-
Craig and I have started the process of raising support to do CWTrials full-time as missionaries to New England. It's not just about my hottie-hubby riding his bike for kicks- it is S.O. M.U.C.H. more than that! It's about sharing the Gospel. 
God has burdened our hearts to disciple and train up leaders who can better minister in their communities. Our mission field is our community. Our city. Our great state of NH which is in desperate need of knowing what a relationship with Jesus looks like. 
To learn more, check out our website www.cwtrials.com

No comments:

Post a Comment