Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pearls and Tea

Today was a sweet day. -Minus- the fact that a little tiny beautiful person didn't allow me to have any slumber until 2am. (That does not mean she sleeps in) New born again? I think not. 10 months old and the 7th tooth piercing through! OUCH!

An old friend joined me for tea this morning. loose leaf Irish breaky brewed in my sweet red and black asian style tea pot (Craig searched high and low for Christmas 2009) in little tea cups served on my *first time used* serving tray.
Wouldn't a picture be great?!
Yeah, I agree and want to share with you- however my camera battery just died. Bummer. (I'll snag a shot later)
It was the sweetest tea party I have ever had- the tray really just made it all come together. (Pss, I got it at a yankee swap!)

My husband surprised me today with P.E.A.R.L earrings. Tear drop shaped dangly ones to be exact. (Picture?! Yeah... working on that too) This is not a norm in our relationship. The only other jewelry he has ever bought me was my engagement ring. He hoped to buy me a pair of nice earrings when our daughter was born. Losing his job at that same time did not allow this to happen.
He said that he had an idea for when we got our tax return. I didn't think much of it. And then. Pearl earrings. For me. Wow do I feel special. And feminine and beautiful and am thinking if it would be a terribly bad idea to wear them to bed and never take them off.
I contemplated sharing this excitement for a few reasons-
- I don't want you to think we flippantly spend money like this. Because we don't. I was even able to appreciate them MORE when I found out what a good deal he got. And that he got it at the same place we bought his wedding band.
- I am not into material things and the nicest things I own are my vintage wedding ring (aka my engagement ring. Holla if you are part of the One Ring Club!) and the ring my Mom bought me for my 18th birthday. I don't own anything fancy and don't buy/ let people buy me expensive things. I just think it's wasteful.

With that being said- I am so thankful for my thoughtful husband who listens to me when I said a few years ago that I would love to own a pair of pearl earrings one day. I love how we choose to live simply and I love my little treasure pearl earrings that I can pass onto Abigail one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment