Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Canadian Ginger

Sometimes it doesn't take another Mom, somebody older or with more experience 
to give you the words you need. 


What I needed was the truth from a dear friend I love and respect.
While sharing my heart and struggles a few months ago, this sweet girl just poured into me - 
"Karissa, you cannot expect your husband and your children to be your joy, 
your joy comes from the LORD!"  

Because let's be honest, when our dreams become a reality, 
they aren't quite as clean and easy as we imagined. 
 
Between managing a home, loving on and caring for two kids at very different stages, being a wife and support raising with my husband... I must have had a hidden task manager and housekeeper/ nanny to make that dream such a dressed up breeze.


But it's not always easy, and that's alright! I would rather have this real life with MY man and THESE kids we have been blessed with (than the robots in my dream -Stepford much?).

What it boils down to is this- when dishes pile high and clean laundry sits unfolded in baskets wrinkling over 8 days, we get creative cooking eggs for dinner because it fits our budget and I don't want to answer the "what's for dinner" question... I'm learning to stop, soak in this season whizzing by and remember- my joy comes from the Lord. 

He will be my strength in the little problems like ants and in the big ones like a broken well pump. 

One word this girl gave to me recently- SATURATE. 

To keep with this mindset, soaking in these kids, this stage of life, I'm soaking in the One who gifted it to me. Clinging to His word and truth, memorizing scripture and playing worship music while I do housework, consciously praying for people I know and for vision that God is putting on my heart. 

Saturate means nestling into the Lord's presence so that I am like a sponge soaking in and pouring out simultaneously. 

My verse to cling to this week is 1 Peter 4:11
If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment