Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lip Balm Recipe

Last night I had fun with my soap making/ lip balm order that recently came in. 
I am still waiting for some of the packaging to arrive to put these little "healing ointments" in, 
but figured I could make lip balms in the mean time! 

It was SO fun and easy! 

Equal parts shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax melted together (hot water bath-style) 
then poured into each lip balm tube. 
These are unflavored/ unscented but the coconut oil does give off a slight coconut-fresh aroma! 

These aren't just for your lips! 
It works great on any dry or cracked skin area. I even put some in my hair to keep the rainy-day frizz down!

I'm excited to be making usable homemade gifts this year.
As the projects continue to be a success I will sell some too as a way of paying for our gifting this year. 

(Refined shea butter and refined beeswax, 
along with lip balm tubes were purchased at www.soapgoods.com 
Organic coconut oil was purchased at www.mountainroseherbs.com)




No comments:

Post a Comment