Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Peaches'n Cream

Last Wednesday Craig had the 4th of July off from work. He very often banks his holiday's to save them for Cwtrials events, etc. This time, he took it with strict instructions from me to REST! It was the day after getting in a 11pm from a Cwtrials event, in the midst of prepping for apartment showings, packing our home up and my sisters wedding all last week... the week before our busiest Cwtrials week (4 events in 7 days!) Sleep in and rest that biking/ speaking soul of yours!

On the same note- peaches were on sale that week so I had bought a bunch with hopes of finding fun recipes to bake with them. While everyone else seemed to be playing or partying on the 4th, I had my work cut out for me at the house. I needed a little fun that day and I wanted to surprise Craig with breakfast in bed, and not the usual pancakes or eggs, something FUN!

I then stumbled upon my new favorite dessert breakfast! Peaches'n Cream!

All credit goes to thevillagecook.com
Her exact recipe is here while my modified recipe is below.

Slice up 2 peaches.
Grease a loaf pan. (next time I will use a 9x9 pan to decrease cooking time)
In a bowl mix:
1 1/2 c flour
3/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon (if desired)
Now add:
1  egg
1/3 c veg. oil
1/3 c milk
Mix well and pour half of mixture into the pan. 
Top with a layer of peaches.
Pour the rest of the batter over it.
Top with a layer of peaches.
Now, in a bowl mix :
4 tbs softened cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 tbs sugar.
Drop dabs on top with peaches.
Bake at 350 35-40 minutes.


I actually tried layering the cream cheese mixture as well. It took a lot longer to cook and was difficult to tell if it was done due to the depth of the loaf pan and its cream cheese gooeyness. It DID turn out after about an hour of cooking and was DELISH! I will try a 9x9 or double and make a BIG cake out of it for a future get-together.

No comments:

Post a Comment