Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

iNSPiRATION

Hey there! So today I just want to have a little creative fun and share with you.

We have a few weddings and big events coming up, 
so my creative juices are flowing as to what I can give as a creative/useful gift!

PLEASE NOTE:  
I desperately tried to be creative my whole life and a few projects squeaked out of that. 
I give all credit to any creativity I now have to being a Mom. For real. 
Maybe it was hormonal, something out of desperation because of our lack of money, 
wisdom God gave me as I meditated like crazy over the Proverbs 31 woman 
and how it talks about how she worked with her hands and had strong arms for her tasks 
(no joke- I literally work out my arms more because of reading this a hundred something times).

In any case, over this past year and a half my creative juices have been flowing like WOAH and I'm loving it! In January I started reading a few blogs semi-regularly that are written by some fantastically creative ladies.

I now present to you my creative list of what I've been inspired by. 

ETSY is my BFF in the creative perusing department. 
I also set up a little shop there- go check it out!


I recently purchased this print from the lovely Naptime Diaries Shop
I have been reading her blog for almost a year now, had the honor of guest blogging 



In starting my own small business I happened upon Gussy Sews. She writes a lot on starting your own biz "how to quit your day job and work from home." She does a lot of interviews with other work at home ladies. It's just been an all around fun and inspirational read! 

In fact, it inspired me to borrow (... and yet to return) my Mom's fantastically hip computerized sewing machine. I wish I had pics of the fun things I made... WAIT! I have one of the headband I made.
not the clearest/ brightest of pics but you get the idea. if you have seen me at all this summer i have probably been sporting it. my fashion trends usually cycle between 2-3 items.

I bought this giant piece of fabric in Chicago years ago and it has been waiting to be used. 
So, I made a dress, headband, laptop case 
and the rest is thrown over my heater disguising it as a table for the summer. 

The print... OH the print! I have recently become a fan of vintage prints. Words like Damask and Toile are music to my ears... but really the images of them make my eyes dance.

Ooo and ahh over these lovelies! photo credit

To wrap it up, my friend and old roomie over at transition is my middle name posts short and sweet, up beat posts with beautiful pics. This girl was so sweet to ask me to guest blog for her while she was away. In keeping with her blog style and in honor of Father's Day, I wrote about Second Breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment